I invite you to bring friends, colleagues, family and neighbors as potential new branch members. Together, we can discuss our mission statement and the important role AAUW has in empowering women and girls.
The Reston-Herndon Area Branch, founded in 1969, is a vibrant group of women and men balancing leadership of our mission to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research with activities that are educational, engaging and fun. We welcome members from Reston, Herndon, Ashburn, Sterling, Great Falls, Oak Hill and Leesburg.
Be sure to click on Our Endeavors to read about the scope of our branch’s reach.
Join or renew online:
- Branch, NEW member or Renew* (note: ID and password help provided if forgotten)
- Branch, Student, Join or Renew
Membership: is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Student Affiliation is open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
AAUW’s mission as a community breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls.AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
|AAUW Annual Dues:||$79 ($49 National, $15 State, $15 Branch)
—$46 tax deductible
Dues breakdown is $49 for National, $15 for State and $15 for the Branch.
You can also renew by going to the main AAUW national web site (www.aauw.org).
- Log in by clicking ‘Login’ on the top line of the site. You need your membership number and a password or click on member ID lookup. Enter your name and zip code, click on submit. Your information redisplays along with your ID. If you haven’t done this before, you will need to create your account with a password.
- At the bottom of the page, click ‘Member Tools’.
- Click the ‘Visit Here’ button under Member Services Data Base (MSD).
- On the left side of the page under Membership Payment Program, click ‘Renew My Membership’. You will receive an immediate confirmation email, which is also sent to the branch treasurer.
Branch contacts: Reston Herndon Area AAUW
2016-17 Membership Committee
Ashby Ponds Marilyn Silvey firstname.lastname@example.org 703 860-5141
Leesburg Gail Parsons email@example.com 703 915-1893
Loudoun County Garima Singh firstname.lastname@example.org 215 300-4425
Reston-Herndon-Sterling Ilene Banker ClBank@aol.com 703 715-9063
Judi Polizzotti email@example.com 203 258-9552
Roberta Sherman firstname.lastname@example.org 703 860-3943
Judy Skirbunt email@example.com 703 860-1446