The members of the Reston- Herndon Branch invite you to bring friends, colleagues, family and neighbors to our events as potential new Branch members. Together, we can discuss our mission statement and the important role AAUW has in empowering women and girls. To support this effort, several “Meet & Greets” for those interested will be held throughout the year.
The Reston-Herndon Area Branch, founded in 1969, is a vibrant group of women and men balancing leadership of our mission to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research with activities that are educational, engaging and fun. We welcome members from the Greater Reston-Herndon area, as well as Ashburn, Sterling, Great Falls, Oak Hill, Oakton, Vienna and Leesburg.
Be sure to click on Our Endeavors to read about the scope of our branch’s reach.
Join or renew online:
- Branch, NEW member or Renew* (note: ID and password help provided if forgotten)
- Branch, Student, Join or Renew
Renew offline: If it is easier for you to renew by sending a check directly to our treasurer, contact Ruth Ruttenberg, 1767 Wainwright Drive, Reston, VA 20190.
Membership: Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Student Affiliation is open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
AAUW’s mission as a community is to break through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls. AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
|Regular Member|| $79 $46 is tax deductible The distribution is : $49 National, $15 State, $15 Branch
|Students:||$27 The distribution is $17 National, $10-Branch|
Summary: Annual dues breakdown is $49 for National, $15 for State and $15 for the Branch.
You can also renew by going to the main AAUW national web site (www.aauw.org).
- Log in by clicking ‘Login’ on the top line of the site. You need your membership number and a password or click on member ID lookup. Enter your name and zip code, click on submit. Your information redisplays along with your ID. If you haven’t done this before, you will need to create your account with a password.
- At the bottom of the page, click ‘Member Tools’.
- Click the ‘Visit Here’ button under Member Services Data Base (MSD).
- On the left side of the page under Membership Payment Program, click ‘Renew My Membership’. You will receive an immediate confirmation email, which is also sent to the branch treasurer.
Branch contacts: AAUW – Reston Herndon Area Branch
2017-18 Membership Contacts
Reston – Herndon Branch Ilene Banker – email: CIBank@aol.com Membership V-P
Ashby Ponds Contact Marilyn Silvey – email: firstname.lastname@example.org